2009-03-27

[Writing] One of my embarrassed experience

One of my embarrassed experience


You see that I
stand here, and share my story. You must think that I like English in
my whole life or I am good for studying English, but in fact, I hate
studying English before, and my English grades are also poor before.
You must be so curious why I am here, why I am here to tell you of my
story. It’s all about one of my embarrassing experiences. Let me tell
you what’s happened in this embarrassing experience.


        On July 14th, 2005. I attended at the international conference about AI in Hong Kong.
Before that date, my professor had asked me to present our research on
this conference unfortunately by using English. My English level had
been poor in that time, but I still had wanted to try it. On that day,
when I reached the conference place, I felt shocked. It was in the
5-star hotel near the harbor. The view was very beautiful, but I was
not in the mood to watch this beautiful scenery, because I was a little
nervous. I worried about I didn’t memorize my script, and I worried
about if somebody asked questions to me, but I couldn’t answer them.
Then, I entered to the session room where I will present in. I felt
shocked again. It was so big. I guessed maybe there were 80 to 100
seats in this room. At that time, I felt the more nervous because I was
afraid that I will do something wrong later. Eventually, my time was
coming. I presented my research well. After presenting, I was a little
happy that I didn’t do something wrong, but the happy time was not too
long. After presenting, it was the Q&A time. It was just a hard
time. I remembered that a Taiwanese professor asked me the first
question, but in fact, I just understood half about his question. I
tried to explain my conclusion, but I knew I couldn’t solve his
question. Next, an Indian asked me the second question, and this time
was awful. I totally couldn’t understand what he was talking about. At
that time, I started to felt embarrassed because it was like a
stalemate. We couldn’t communicate with each other. Next, a Japanese
tried to ask me slowly, but I still couldn’t understand his question.
At that time, I felt other audiences must believe I was a fool, and why
my English was so bad. I thought this, and felt embarrassed a lot. This
was my first time I thought my English was really poor.


        Retuning
to Taiwan, I started to accept learning English, because after this
experience, I knew having a good idea is not big deal, and the most
important thing is you know how to pass it to others. Therefore, this
embarrassing experience changed me, and this is why I am here.


0 意見: